The Molebear, also known as Pebbler or Porcupine, is a recurring enemy in the Mana series.
Resembling a hedgehog or porcupine, Molebears have spiked plating from the crown of the head down most of the body. Their small frame allows them to compact into a whirling ball of spines that can dig underground and move unseen, or rapidly charge at foes. Given their aggressive disposition, moogles are terrified of them.
Physical Description[edit | edit source]
They are physically depicted in three different variants:
- The first is a bald, purple-skinned mole with blue striped boxer shorts. They appear in Final Fantasy Adventure, Adventures of Mana and Legend of Mana.
- The second is a stumpy, yellow-bodied mammal covered with blue spikes all over its head and body. They appear in the 2D versions of Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, Trials of Mana and Sword of Mana.
- The third and last one is a variation of the second, its body being overall slimmer sporting tan markings on its belly, face and arms. It also has larger claws than the other variations and only sports blue spikes on its head.
Affinities[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Molebear (Sword of Mana)
- Main article: Pebbler (Secret of Mana)
- Main article: Molebear (Trials of Mana)
- Main article: Molebear (Legend of Mana)
- Main article: Molebear (Dawn of Mana)
- Main article: Molebear (Children of Mana)
- Main article: Molebear (Heroes of Mana)