Belladonna (美獣, bijū?) (Bigieu in the fan translation), also known as Isabella (イザベラ, izabera?), is a secondary antagonist in Trials of Mana. She is a powerful, magic-wielding, cat-like demoness originating from the Underworld, Mavolia. She is the right-hand woman of the Dark Majesty (one of the three possible final bosses of the game) and the archenemy of Hawkeye and Riesz. If the player selects Hawkeye the ninja thief or Riesz the amazon princess as the first playable character, the Dark Majesty will be the game's primary antagonist and Belladonna will be the second-to-last boss.
Her main goal is the revival of the Dark Majesty and the restoration of his soul, as not only is she absolutely loyal to her liege but she also has unrequited romantic feelings for him. She acts with Malocchio to accomplish her goal.
Boss Fight[edit | edit source]
Attacks (3D Version)[edit | edit source]
- Jump & Stomp (unnamed)
- Moon Saber
- Shockwave - Charging attack that sends target flying
- Roseslash - Barrier attack that deals massive damage
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A very similar looking character that also goes by the name Isabella appears in Sword of Mana. They also share the ability to change into a cat-like beast. It is unclear if the two characters are supposed to be one and the same person, or if it is more of a cameo.
- Fanha from Secret of Mana is somewhat similar to Isabella of Sword of Mana and Belladonna of Trials of Mana.
- Despite all the terrible acts that Belladonna commits for the Dark Majesty, she's hinted at having a kinder side. Apart from her desire to regain his soul, if the Dark Majesty's remains are destroyed by the other villains, she kills Malocchio and frees Elliot (who was meant to serve as the Dark Majesty's vessel upon his revival) since she has no use for him.
Circle of Mana[edit | edit source]
Isabella[edit | edit source]
Belladonna[edit | edit source]